Ikenna has distinguished himself as an astute trial lawyer and arbitrator. In his many years of active legal practice, he has been involved in several complex civil and criminal cases both at the trial and appellate courts. He has also represented high profile individual and corporate clients in commercial arbitration, locally and internationally.
Ikenna is renowned as one of Nigeria’s leading public interest litigators. In Faith Okafor v Lagos State Government & Anor.  LPELR-41066;  NWLR (Pt. 1556) 404, Ikenna, on behalf of the appellant, Faith Okafor, successfully challenged the restriction of movement for environmental sanitation in Lagos State on the last Saturday of every month. The Court of Appeal in a landmark judgment declared the restriction of movement of residents on environmental sanitation days as unlawful, illegal and unconstitutional. Pursuant to this judgment, the Lagos State Government cancelled the monthly environmental sanitation exercise in Lagos State, with its attendant economic benefits.
As a proficient writer with a flair for sharing his wealth of knowledge, Ikenna has written and published articles and papers on diverse areas of law. He is the Editor-in-Chief of Apogee Journal of Business, Property and Constitutional Law. He is a member of the editorial advisory board of Monthly Report of Supreme Court Judgments (MRSCJ). And he is an approved tutor and examiner with the Chartered institute of Arbitrators (UK).
- University of Nigeria (LL.B)
- Nigerian Law School (BL)
- University of Lagos ( Masters in International Law and Diplomacy)
- University of London (LLM, International Business Law )
- Post graduate international practice diplomas in International Arbitration, International Intellectual Property Law, International Commercial Law, International Joint Ventures and International Mergers and Acquisitions from the College of Law of England and Wales.
- Dispute Resolution
- Human Rights
- Corporate and Commercial
- Sports and Entertainment
- Real Estate
- Member, Nigerian Bar Association
- Fellow, Chartered institute of Arbitrators, United Kingdom
- IBA Fellow in International Legal Practice.
- Director and Co-ordinator, Sports and Entertainment Law Association (Ltd/Gte)
- Director and Co-ordinator, Human Rights and Empowerment Project (Ltd/Gte)